Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 31 - Heat damage in the garden


After several days well over 40 degrees celcius, some of the plants in my garden have been burnt to a crisp. Just as I was thinking the camellias have never looked so green and bushy, one day of 46 has finished them off. The robinia, a favourite of mine with its giant ball-shaped greenery - has lost all its leaves and created a crackly carpet on the grass underneath it. Today we have a drop in temperature, but in my area it's still going to be 39 degrees. I suppose that's better than 46 but the next few days will be in the mid-to-low 30s which is an improvement.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Tania -this looks just like a lot of plants in my garden.We have all been suffering - let's hope the lower temperatures will remain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose my garden looks like every other garden in Melbourne. Are you rethinking your trees and bushes, Pam? Why do I have things like camellia, robinia, Japanese maple?

    ReplyDelete