Saturday, April 11, 2009

Day 101 - enamelled memory


After the eve of Palm Sunday church service, I realised I hadn't taken a photo. It was an almost full moon so I went outside to take a picture but it was unsuccessful. That meant I had to find a random object to photograph, and here it is. Let's see if I can find enough to say about it. Well, it was given to me by a good friend and it came from Germany. It's enamel, I think, and there's something whimsical about it. My friend and I studied German together at Melbourne University a long time ago. Although my mother is half-German, we never spoke German at home, instead we spoke Russian, at least until I was about 15 or 16 and then my parents got sick of making me speak Russian when English was much easier for me. I studied French and German at uni, and enjoyed a smattering of Summer school Italian, Greek, Spanish, Dutch and one year of Arabic at uni. I used to teach languages before I decided to switch my role to that of teacher librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment