Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 271 - Box

Simple engineering is remarkable. I love this box which I inherited from my husband's grandmother. I think it came with a sewing machine. See how it opens up.






This series of photos have absolutely nothing to do with my day which unfolded without a camera and in the coldest, most miserable day we've experienced for a while (or at least since yesterday). Seriously, it's been colder than all winter.
We drove to a cafe by the sea in Albert Park to have a celebratory birthday breakfast for my sister. Pity I couldn't share pics of us battling to cross the road, umbrellas flipping in and out, faces intent, present getting soaked. The greyness swallowed the difference between sea and sky. Once inside we were warmed by good company, hot breakfast (and a heater - obviously). Laurent cakes followed too soon, and I was left with some regret.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! Any thoughts to making a stop animation to show it assemble and disassemble? You could have lots of fun with that.

    Be well!

    Hiram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's a great idea, Hiram. Only I haven't the vaguest idea how to do stop animation. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete