Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day 307 - Melbourne Cup Day



Strange as it may seem to the rest of the world, Melbourne enjoys a public holiday so that it can watch a horse race. Now, I'm no particular fan of horses, racing or betting, but I sure appreciate a day off. Hang on, I already have Tuesdays off! Oh well, this way I get to enjoy it with my family. Which we did by having a barbecue, and we even managed to eat outside without getting eaten by mozzies thanks to the many sandalwood sticks we burned.

It was also a good day for a free haircut.





2 comments:

  1. Hey that's bad luck about Tuesday being your day off. Last year my day off was Monday which seems to attract a few public holidays - so I empathise.But yes, it would have been pleasant having the family around - not hard work? I'm sure they all chipped in with the washing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dishwasher took care of the dishes, although I do wish the cycle was quicker. Hope you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete