Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day 333 - By design


333 is an odd number. Literally. And it's impressively close to the impending 365, the name and aim of this blog. What do I have to offer to anyone bothering to read this? Very little, as predicted. Recently back from kitchen duty and smelling seriously like fried stuff, before I do some work, I thought I'd kill this post early in the day. I could talk about the enormous amount of yeast-based dough, the cabbage, potato and mushroom and rice fillings, the seemingly endless orders of piroshki and soup, snatches of conversation - but it's not that exciting; you have to be there. Instead, I decided to go with random yet again. Hey, it's an authentic part of life - mine, at least.

Today's photos are examples of objects I've chosen for their design. The first object is Moroccan, the second is - I'm not sure - and the last one I was given by an Iranian (then Persian) acquaintance (on account of my father spending his youth in (then) Persia during the time of the Shah.)

3 comments:

  1. 333 I, too, thought that number was odd (but not prime!). I'm thinking more about 2010 and whether or not to continue. I am thinking of doing a weekly photo and blog. I would hate to lose touch with some of the people I have been following and getting to know. And even this post which you say offers little, adds a little more to the story of you. I've enjoyed getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Tania, I share Susan's feelings about your offerings - they've been fascinating, creative and informative - I feel like I'm writing out your end of year report! But if I had to, you would be receiving an A+ for entertainment and ingenuity.I'm missing your daily entries already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan and Pam, I love reading your comments; sometimes I think I'm writing this blog for you. I also love reading your daily posts and looking to your photos. A+ LOL, Pam. You make me laugh.
    You know, weekly post and photo sounds good, although then you have to synthesize the week into one post which might be a little challenging. It would be a pity to stop.

    ReplyDelete