Friday, October 23, 2009

Day 297 - There's something in the air


I'll start with the end of the day first. We've just come back from Dave and Larissa's engagement party. Larissa is my husband's niece. They look appropriately happy.
The title of the post is a song which reminds me of George Constanza. Today was a fresh, sunny day, the day you (cliche coming) feel lucky to be alive.

I took a few of the market sights. Haven't seen this model around for a while.
Driving into the city (as a passenger) along Elizabeth Street, it's not always scenic. This is a mess of buildings and styles.
I took some pictures out of the car window. The Post Office.
A building I've taken before but not from this angle. I think I'd like to live there.

There's a cupcake shop in Melbourne Central. The icing is obviously too thick. Don't think I'd like to eat one of these.

Nor these.



If you want to see the chocolate ones, click here. If you don't want to, don't. If you think these will make you sick, you should have seen this big one.


Here's another giant one. And one more.

The shops are helping people get into the mood for Melbourne Cup Day next Tuesday.




1 comment:

  1. What a marvellous and colorful array of pics- your day was certainly packed full of interesting activities.

    ReplyDelete